Can anyone pinpoint my issue on my LT1 swapped C1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BappleApple

Reaction score
Without the regulator, you'll have a loop from the tank to the engine and back with no appreciable pressure. That's why the regulator is always between the injectors and the return line to the tank.

My truck has a 1405 Edelbrock Performer 600 on it, The carb doesn't have a return line anywhere on it which is why I installed an external Holley regulator w/ a return, Since then I've learned that the fuel pump in my tank is only a 75lpm pump which by no means can keep up with this engine.

For the time being, I did go ahead and bypass the regulator (Temporarily plugged the return at the regulator & just ran the main fuel line straight to the carb deadhead style.) Thankfully there's no flooding issues of any sort.

Runs a TON better now, but I can definitely tell it needs at least twice the fuel pump.

Going for a ~275lph pump swap then I'll hook the regulator & return back up and set it it to 6psi.