Camaro Door Chime Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Surgeon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ooOOOOOooooooo awesome. However, I found mine was missing from the fuse box. Stuck a known good unit in and not a peep. Need to probe with a multimeter, check fuses, etc.

BUT..... I have GM chime modules that utilize an autolock/autounlock feature from another model line that can make a nice upgrade, they should be plug and play.

Last edited:

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled my brown chime boxes from 97 Chevy Lumina's. Those are easy to get too. It's to the left of the blower motor

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

If yOu could figure out how to make one of these bad boys work it would be a very pleasant chime.

but unfortunately its a module which has a speaker and that isnt what the trucks have

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If yOu could figure out how to make one of these bad boys work it would be a very pleasant chime.

but unfortunately its a module which has a speaker and that isnt what the trucks have
I found one of them at the yard. I have plans to looking into the possibility of making it work

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Internal fault in the box. Ironically, before I did mine, I never knew there was a seatbelt light in the 88-94 trucks. It never worked and I just assumed that wasn't a thing until they added airbags, but lo and behind the new chime box fixed this and I saw it for the first time ever. Same happened with my dads truck.
Wow-so it wasn't there-I thought I simply never noticed it until I installed buzzer lol

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD! I found a 4th gen Camaro at the junk yard today and nabbed a chimer off of it. 30 seconds later and my 99 Yukon no longer has that awful buzz... it sounds like a modern truck!

FYI I was browsing through various GM makes and models today at the junkyard and it looks like pretty much any GM with a 7 pin chimer connector can take this brown box. Also, it can be found in other models like Buick Roadmasters... just as long as the box is brown and it has the 7 pin connector on it, it should work without a hitch
Yeah but be careful with other buzzers/chimes-as in video-some of them are just the same-a buzzers. You need 14101255
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found one of them at the yard. I have plans to looking into the possibility of making it work

Heres a 1990 Oldsmobile 88 chime module, its a green module. I post this because I have a 1990 olds 88 that Im parting and I had to replace the OE chime module back in HS to get my key in ignition and headlamps on chime LOL (too many dead batterys)

I would assume the one you found is similar in function

EDIT:

WARNING CHIME SOUNDS WHEN IT SHOULD NOT​

Open wire to ignition light switch. Open ground wire to chime module. Malfunctioning am
---------------

That is the diag for when chimes are going off when it should not, so I assume power with the relevant ground removed will chime the module. I assume this is how most of those work