Cam swap in truck possible without removing ac condenser ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It can be done . The condenser needed to move about 5-6 inches in order to get the 350 cam out of my 1500 single cab. I needed to take the grill out , remove the hood latch mechanism support and undue the top condenser core support brackets as well. Then I just swung the condenser like a door forward pivoting on the battery side . As far as I know I have no leaks in the ac system YET . Thanks for the replies .
You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks pretty familiar.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A lot of cam for a heavy truck. Who's going to tune it?

No worries ...I have a simple carb setup...I run a bigger cam than this in my 305 Camaro automatic and a few other carb setups over the years with zero issues. It can be done easily with an S10 converter and generous initial advance. Will post a video of it running.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not saying it'll be a ***** to tune, I just wonder about getting off the line and holding OD. Stick or auto? Mid range on up should be healthy.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not saying it'll be a ***** to tune, I just wonder about getting off the line and holding OD. Stick or auto? Mid range on up should be healthy.

Auto with a loose S10 converter ......I even run my 30"5" Camaro with a slightly larger cam with more overlap and it runs great. DD (FWIW) shows a ton of low end torque - its an extreme 4 x 4 grind so it should be fine... DD numbers - even if the DD numbers are off by say a ridiculous 30 HP, 30 TQ it will still be a good combo at 369 hp , 406 tq .