California smog tune ban!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The emissions rules have not changed. The rules thats got everybody " hot and bothered" have been in place for a very long time. The issue is your local testing stations did have the capability to examine the ecu' s for legal or shadowware programming. The legal ecu tunes had been tested and received a compliance number being approved. What blew up was VW and its cheating the smog testing. Because big companies cheated the system the gov't painted everyone evil with a big brush. Therefore Calif pushed back hard enforcing the existing rules. Checking the ecu for tampering, most programs include a check for footprints, "who's been here?". Changes from OE checksums. This only applies to OBD ll vehicles. Obd 1 are not smart enough. Untill VW pulled the pin that grenade, and fumbled it, this might have been ignored for another ten years. And yes alot of my family have moved out of state. And I support every single one who does. The sacramento evil gov't are destroying this state. When boys are done with college we're gone.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yes alot of my family have moved out of state. And I support every single one who does. The sacramento evil gov't are destroying this state. When boys are done with college we're gone.
We moved out of CA in '08. The family just sold the last of our properties earlier this year. After this year we're done paying CA taxes and supporting those idiots :waytogo:

Although we're getting more and more refugees from CA here in AZ bringing their political values with them.:(

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit about California politics, in 2016, more Cali residents voted for Donald Trump than in Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Alaska combined.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit about California politics, in 2016, more Cali residents voted for Donald Trump than in Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Alaska combined.
Yeah, but the flood of Cross-Border Invaders and Libtards out-voted the Trumpists.

What I hear is that "Southern" Cali is crackpot crazy on fire, and "Northern" Cali is relatively reasonable. I don't know that that's entirely true; some of "Northern" Cali (San Francisco, Stockton) is hard-up for reason and responsibility.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in 2016, more Cali residents voted for Donald Trump than in Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Alaska combined.
Maybe, but a hell of a lot more Democratic CA residents voted for Clinton than Republicans for Trump, ha ha.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know that that's entirely true; some of "Northern" Cali (San Francisco, Stockton) is hard-up for reason and responsibility.
And don't forget Sacramento too. The majority of the San Joaquin Valley voted Republican but that's all farm ground - not a lot of people. Maybe we should lobby for cattle to get to vote? :anitoof:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
We moved out of CA in '08. The family just sold the last of our properties earlier this year. After this year we're done paying CA taxes and supporting those idiots :waytogo:

Although we're getting more and more refugees from CA here in AZ bringing their political values with them.:(
They're coming to Texas too. In the process of messing up Austin area, and making it harder for the locals to have affordable housing. This was already happening, but they've accelerated the situation.