Cab mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know how I haven't noticed this before but are my cab mounts causing this?

attachment.php

Clearly the body lines from the cab to the bed don't match up. I'm assuming it has to do with the cab mounts. When I bought the truck I checked underneath and the cab mounts didn't look rotted out or anything. Can the rubber just being worn out cause this? How hard is it to fix? I assume I gotta have some way to support the cab while I remove the mounts and replace them? Will a couple of bottle jacks do the trick?

If it's not cab mounts does anyone know what could be causing this? Now that I've noticed it, it's going to drive me nuts until i fix it.

-Matt

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
yeah fresh body bushings did the trick. it really not that bad just loosen the bolts on both sides of the cab, remove the bolts from the side you want to start on, pick it up with a jack and a wood block to spread the load so you dont bend anything, swap the old rubber bushings for some new ones, set the body back down, and start the bolts but dont tighten them untill you finish the other side. Repeat on the other side, tighten all the body bolts and your done.

i used this kit
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-3-4123G/

and i would have replaced the bolts if i didn't have a body lift on the truck, nobody had long enough metric bolts. I think they are either 18 or 19mm

captain_hi_c

Reaction score
Yeah I'm fixing to do this. My body line is off and see it every time I look in the drivers side mirror.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have that same exact body bushing kit but in red and was wondering how hard it is to install because I got the bushings for free. Looks like its not too hard.