Cab Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some major help. I had bought the 3 piece roof lights from lmc truck. I dont know what year they were actually for but . I noticed that they started to leak. Now I didnt put any silicone underneath them at all because I called a local gm dealer and they said they didnt do it. I also called lmc and they sent a second set of lights. I already have all the holes drilled and everything. I had put in metal nutserts in. And they leak!!!!!! It has also been raining here.. I need some help becuase I really dont want to take them out and try to cover the holes.. Especailly because I just had my roof painted to do the rust by the windshield!

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can any one help with this it is supposed to be raining soon here and I have bare holes covered with masking tape for now. Is there any thing that I can put between it so that i can keep it from leaking.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone have pics of their cab lights :D i wanna see what some ppl have put on their OBS!! :D 3piece 5 piece 88-2012 new old style?? smoked amber white super white brand spaced out or stock style led replacements or upgrades i wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeee thanks

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey thanks for the write up,,, i just put mine on today.. here are some pics

You must be registered for see images attach

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So here is the problem i installed ny roof lights and they leak... Can u over tighten them to get the plastic to seperate from the rubber and then it leaks? Any help is appreciated because now it starts feeling like it was a mistake!!

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here is the problem i installed ny roof lights and they leak... Can u over tighten them to get the plastic to seperate from the rubber and then it leaks? Any help is appreciated because now it starts feeling like it was a mistake!!

With it being a 3 piece set its off a newer truck with a different roof line. Just put some rtv on it and call it a day