Cab Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks when I said left i was talking about passenger side left when looking at it that's what you meant to right? I have dinner cooking right now when dinner is done I am going to check measurements one more time then drill.

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I meant that for the passanger side. It looked like it needed to be moved inwards a tad bit

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Just checking out this thread, plan on doing some tear drop style ones this week. I had them on my '92 RCSB evenly spaced, as did my best friend with on his '97 ECSB. Idk about doing them stock style...we'll see.

Also should have my tow mirrors this week, and I'm going to wire them up as park lights with the cab lights, anyone have any better insight as to which wire is best to use behind the dash? I have a circuit tester and all just wanted to see if someone could save me some time!

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright heres a couple more pics next up tow mirrors with turns. Thanks again to 88GMCtruck for the layout and everyone that has successfully done this with out ya'll i would have probably never done it and they look and work great I finished Thursday night and these pictures are from a rainy Friday morning after taking a friend to the airport and no leaks :rocking:
the hardest part is over and my lovely wife helping me clean up and she was also my coach on this she brought up the many blow throws I have cut into many trucks over the years
You must be registered for see images attach

and the next morning

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks when I get the rest of the lights replaced in the front I am going to stick leds in them. I was just to impatient to what that long.

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear ya. I need to stick some leds in mine to match my cab lights too. Any idea where your gonna get the led bulbs from?

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just checking out this thread, plan on doing some tear drop style ones this week. I had them on my '92 RCSB evenly spaced, as did my best friend with on his '97 ECSB. Idk about doing them stock style...we'll see.

Also should have my tow mirrors this week, and I'm going to wire them up as park lights with the cab lights, anyone have any better insight as to which wire is best to use behind the dash? I have a circuit tester and all just wanted to see if someone could save me some time!

Hey sorry I skipped over your post look in 88GMCtruck tow mirror thread he laid out some good info to where he tied it in I found the spot on my floor distro panel that had a light connection on it he did the same but I don't recall exactly where he got everything else but his 88 should be the same as yours mines a little different. But I'll try to help.

tj stone not sure yet I was thinking about getting with MOBS or Tuckinain4sisses because they do some amazing work but I need to be around some more so they don't think that's the only reason I joined.