C3500 Almost No Brake Pedal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It doesn't sound scary, it sounds like tempting fate. Cars on dynos are strapped down...
Doing this in a fwd manual trans vehicle with relatively little torque is one thing. Trying it in a 3 ton V8 auto truck is something else entirely. If your burb slips off the stands at 60 mph I promise it won't stall.
My guess is that if there is vibration enough to throw it off the stands at 60mph it will be obvious long before then - hence the need for very gradual building of the speed and jumping out of it at the first sign of tremors.
I'm not dismissing your concern - it is valid - just advocating an approach that makes it viable but not necessarily dangerous. At the first sign of any tremor - the test is over and successful. The problem is at the rear. No vibes and there's nothing to make it jump if everything is done gradually and smoothly. No sudden stabs at the throttle, no braking - just let it run down on a closed throttle (or stick it in neutral).

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I won't be doing that test, unfortunately for you guys LOL....I see the point. We had it up on stands at the shop and got it up to 20 mph. There was no obvious vibration. I am 90% it's the front end. It has needed rebuilding for months anyways. Idler and pitman are shot, tie rods are terrible, yaddi yadda. I am going to focus my attention on getting that done this month....start acquiring parts, etc. If it doesn't solve the vibration, it needed doing anyways, so I am not really throwing parts at it. The last Burban I owned had a very similar vibration and it ended up being ball joints. I'll focus back on the vibration if the front end doesn't solve it, but I have a feeling it will be a vast improvement. When I stuck me head out the window going the interstate, the drivers front tire seemed to have a little bounce. Hard to tell at 60 mph, but it wasn't riding true from what I could see.

Opinions? Thoughts?

I will prolly start a new thread since it is now non-brake related.

Last edited:

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, here we go.

OP, thanks for letting me post up in here. Much appreciated. Rear brakes solved and fixed, front end to be done.