C2500 w/ fuel coming out of the exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@bluex - you are correct about the wires... I bought the cheapest ones O'Reilly's had to offer for the purposes of bringing this thing to life. The truck is too long for me to shut my shop (woodturning studio) door while I'm working on it, so I need to get it on the road quickly before the cold sets in. I really hated to do it this way, but if it wasn't going to be feasible to get it running before winter, I'd rather have $90 worth of new parts sitting in the yard until spring than $160. I've priced the new spider and all of the associated parts and will get one in a couple of weeks and see what happens.

As a side note... I'm glad I read up on the fuel injection system on this engine as 2 of the 3 auto parts stores here only offer the old style units.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Don't buy local, Amazon or Rockauto is WAY cheaper 100% of the time. Only time I go to those stores is emergencies and fluids, and most of the time I get fluids from Wal-Mart.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Chris... I've bought a ton of stuff off Amazon, but never thought about getting car parts there. My only concern is that the 2 places that offer the parts I need have a "no return" policy. I'll look at Rockauto later tonight when I feel like wading through their website... lots of options there.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up ordering a Delphi FJ10566 Fuel Injector Spider off Amazon. The part and shipping totaled $276.53. I can get the same bracket and gaskets locally for a little less than online so that's how I'm going to play it.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
It should come with the bracket. It may say that you might need it, but I'm pretty sure that Delphi model will come with the bracket.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea Chris... I was looking through the reviews on the product and a lot of people mentioned buying the bracket extra only to have one come with the kit, so I just made sure I could pick one up in town if I had to. I think they list the reviews of this product in one list regardless of which supplier that folks bought the part through so maybe some come with the bracket and some don't depending on the vendor... I figure there has to be a reason the bracket is listed as an option? Maybe not. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting this project underway and now wish I had spent the extra 15 bucks for expedited shipping.