C2500 Master Cylinder Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92Raiderburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Compared to a 400 hydroboost? Because my 1500 will lock tires at any speed.
1500 what? have you swapped a hydroboost into? my '92 burb I had a leak in the original HB, and got lucky at the scrap yard one day to get one from an '03 2500. hammered out one of the bolts that didnt line up, bolted it in and instant results when i took it for a test drive. 400 hb = moderate grab/kinda spongey, 800 hb = instant grab and quick slow down to dead stop. I've got a 800 master cylinder comin in the mail. Might get another 800 HB when this original starts to leak in my current '99

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
1500 what? have you swapped a hydroboost into? my '92 burb I had a leak in the original HB, and got lucky at the scrap yard one day to get one from an '03 2500. hammered out one of the bolts that didnt line up, bolted it in and instant results when i took it for a test drive. 400 hb = moderate grab/kinda spongey, 800 hb = instant grab and quick slow down to dead stop. I've got a 800 master cylinder comin in the mail. Might get another 800 HB when this original starts to leak in my current '99

My 1500 in sig has hydroboost and 8600# GVW front calipers + MC. Among other things. It is not spongey, makes me think yours was worn out? Or perhaps the 800's does have a different feel? Mine does not lack in braking force at all. The plow truck (99 K2500 CCSB) feels spongey, but I suspect it needs the brakes gone through as a whole.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my '92 burb I had a leak in the original HB, and got lucky at the scrap yard one day to get one from an '03 2500. hammered out one of the bolts that didnt line up, bolted it in and instant results when i took it for a test drive. 400 hb = moderate grab/kinda spongey, 800 hb = instant grab and quick slow down to dead stop.
So...yeah...EXACTLY as I posted previously.

You removed a failed hydroboost, put on one that worked properly, and IT'S A MIRACLE! THE NEW-GENERATION ONE WORKS BETTER THAN THE BROKEN OLD-GENERATION ONE!

92Raiderburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...yeah...EXACTLY as I posted previously.

You removed a failed hydroboost, put on one that worked properly, and IT'S A MIRACLE! THE NEW-GENERATION ONE WORKS BETTER THAN THE BROKEN OLD-GENERATION ONE!
not quite, my current '99 has the original 400 HB no leaking whatsoever and in comparison the 800 HB does make the brakes grab better and quicker stop time