Buying a Tech 2 Clone... Questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luconi

Reaction score
Well it finally came yesterday from Hong kong. Overall very pleased with it. It is nice to have bi-directional controls and obtain data for everything on my truck.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Well it finally came yesterday from Hong kong. Overall very pleased with it. It is nice to have bi-directional controls and obtain data for everything on my truck.
Everything work as it should?

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
There's some pretty good display of the clone capability if you search youtube for "DrShock tech2".

luconi

Reaction score
A few photos. Overall I'm actually impressed with the quality of the components. It definitely does not seem cheapened out at all.

Other people who reviewed these have said that the 12v plugs are really cheap. I found that is not at all the case. They seem well made.

The other thing I'm confused about is on the back of the computer it says it's made in USA... I thought these were assembled in China? Unless they went as far as to knock off country of assembly. (Which I find hard to believe)

I hooked it up to my truck yesterday and it booted right into it..no issues with anything. IwI able to go through the menus and look at all the PIDs. I have not tried doing an ABS bleed yet but I will try that soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unless they went as far as to knock off country of assembly. (Which I find hard to believe)

Believe it. They'll copy US made products exactly down to text in the molding and not think twice. They're basically immune to lawsuits from the USA. Definitely not the first time I've seen it.

Looks good though, thanks for the updates!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe it. They'll copy US made products exactly down to text in the molding and not think twice. They're basically immune to lawsuits from the USA. Definitely not the first time I've seen it.
NO-ethics dirtbags. Communist China is the most-reprehensible nation on Earth.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NO-ethics dirtbags. Communist China is the most-reprehensible nation on Earth.
X2 on that. Recently I bought some tail lights and door handles from 1a auto and they say made in Taiwan and are good quality and at least Taiwan is a free democratic country .