Butter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rojo

Reaction score
Went to junkyard and pulled two heads off vortec and they had what looks like fresh butter would they be useable or run I gave a good visual look they look ok BUT idk. they are the 062. are they just as prone to crackin (my truck has 906 head's that has a crack on driver's side) would the 062 be worth investing in with the butter I know it's water that made the butter the motor has all new water system but they give up could it be just a bad intake gasket. crap 6 in 1 half dozen In the other most ppl take 6. The reason for asking I would like to put newer heads on at junkyard price they came off 2000 model my truck 96

Last edited:

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope. You cant tell if the head is warped.
Find some butter free heads.

Rojo

Reaction score
Nope. You cant tell if the head is warped.
Find some butter free heads.
Did not think about warping just cracking thanks for the heads-up some ppl just got a lotta work done tore three motors down definitely going after the 906s I pulled old and oil dried but no water marks. And set for YEARS