Busted T47 seat belt bolts....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I jammed an X-acto through my left hand all the way but didn't hit any main cables so it worked for me!
I knew a guy one time, that was opening a model kit on his couch one evening. His attention was diverted for a few minutes, and he forgot about the Xacto knife he'd been using. It got down between the couch cushions.....and he found it with his foot when changing position on the couch! Showed up at the local model contest a few days later, on crutches with his foot all wrapped up.
Which is part of why I like to have and use the caps that some knives have to cover the blade, and I like to be sure where my pointy tools are at all times when using them.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yeah all I'm doing is turning their stupid triangle lock bolts into a normal everyday bolt lol.

They're locking. Antiseize will prevent corrosion, but will still allow some locking to take place. Running a tap/die set on the threads will remove all locking and still alow corrosion.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds horrific.
I knew a guy one time, that was opening a model kit on his couch one evening.
ouch! pull dont push LMAO!
I was using an exacto with a fresh blade to cut a Warhammer miniature off a sprue. I had a leather guard on my thumb. It wasn't cutting, wasn't cutting, then the blade was through the sprue, through the guard, and through my thumb. Fortunately it was off-center so it missed the bone, but it went all the way to the nail. It didn't hurt, but I was horrified. I yelled to my wife that I needed to go to the emergency room, and she started grabbing the kids and telling them to get their shoes on. I looked over and saw the superglue sitting, open. I'd heard that EMTs use a version of superglue to seal wounds, and that superglue is okay to use if you get a cut. I laid a bead of superglue over the cut and it sealed nearly instantly. My wife made me visit my doctor the next day, and it cost me a $30 copay for him to say I did a good job and there was nothing better he could do.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first rule is don't cut in the direction of things you don't want cut, especially body parts.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
How do I get the bolts out of the front seat belt retractors when the T47 bit rounds off the teeth in the bolt head? To clarify, my bit is fine, the bolt is fxxked. And it did not move at all.

I absolutely have to replace my driver side seat belt before I end up no longer having a lap belt due to fraying. And now I can't even get a bit to grip it, much less spin it out so I can remove the retractor mech. Every single other one came out fine, easily even, so this annoys me greatly.

Unless Gm changed the Torx size the correct size is TX500. To many people rely on the standard sizes that come in a set from the tool truck/store. The TX500 has a different shape to properly engage the drive on the seat belt bolts.