Busted T47 seat belt bolts....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
duct tape rips it back open or maybe I shouldn't use the gorilla tape! talk about adhesion. maybe just leave it there until it heals. LOL.

as a cabinet maker Iv glued my fingers back together more than once with mitre bond, it's a 2 part superglue. instantly healed complete with a hard, callous like surface. gets ya back to work in 15 seconds! LMAO!

Last edited:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
My tahoe had both driver and pax belts frayed. There are two types of torx tips. Higher strength tip has a flatter bottom to fit tightet in screw head for more torque to be applied. The anchor bolt your removing, same for me. Pax side came out, but driver side broke one torxbit, then said naw I'll just make twist marks in your second bit. The third bit broke center out of screw. Okay ef ewe. Next 7/16 drill off head of screw, use sharp tooth pliers, vise grip and screw out through floor board to outside of cab. Will not go back with torx.

I have no problems going back with the torx bolt, but I will be chasing the threads of both the bolt and the hole before I do!

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
O.K so no welding. Less nuclear options exist.
Wire brush the snot out of the bolt from the underside as best you can. Penetrating oil from the top and bottom hit the top of the bolt HARD a few times with a hammer to help break it loose from the rust. Clamp some vice grips on the bottom of the bolt as hard as you can and turn it clockwise a little bit. Then turn it back the other way a bit, working it back and forth several turns until you can get the head of the bolt high enough to put vice grips on the top side. If possible cut the bolt off flush with the bottom of the weld nut so the vice grip scarring doesn't damage the threads of the weld nut. Perhaps if you are getting a new outer part just cut the plastic away to get on the bolt.

Keep us posted.