Bumper Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WorkinMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright.....a lot of people have asked and I finally took some measurements today so hopefully I can explain this so everyone understands

Main center section (with hitch in it) 33"L x 6"H
You must be registered for see images attach

Wing sections (continuing from both sides of center) 18"L and tapers from 6"H to 4.5"H

Corner sections (next piece out from wings) 6"L and tapers from 4.5"H to 4"H

Side sections (parallel to side of the truck) 10"L on bottom and 10.5"L on top (makes angle for wheel well) and tapers from 4"H to 3.5"H

Top angle center section is 33"L x 4"H
Top angle wing sections are 16.75" on top and 18" on bottom for the lenght and 4"H (The difference in length top to bottom creates the angle off the center...this is a V cut made closest to the center)
Top angle corner sections are 6" on top and 4.5" on bottom for the length and tapers from 4"H to 3.5"H (again a V cut closest to the wing for the angle)
Top angle side sections are 10.5"L on top and 10"L on bottom (makes angle for wheel well) and tapers from 3.5"H to 3"H

The top is dependent on how close you want it to be to the truck. I mounted the main sections described above and then cut, fitted and tacked the top (which is just flat) in place before removing it and welding it solid.
The bottom section is 6" tall in the center and tapers out. Again I just tacked it in place where it looked good with a good angle, and then welded it up. If you want dimensions for the grille guard I can get those too, but this whole thing I pretty much just shot from the hip and it's come out pretty decent thus far.

I took some pictures of the individual sections that I'll get up later. I'm headed to work and don't have time right now.

Last edited:

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks great bud. I had a lot of people ask me for dimensions too, but I could never find time or remember to get them.

WorkinMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some more progress....now to just match the passenger side to this one. I also posted some detailed pictures of what I was trying to explain with the measurements. They're in the previous post with the actual measurements.

Last edited:

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice work. That bumper looks like it could stop a 12ga slug and not even scratch it!

WorkinMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Other side done!