built 406 or mild 350 w/whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen and bought 4.8s and 5.3s for under $500, but 6 liters rarely show up for less than 1k, when they do they're gone almost immediately.
I think you'll get where you want to be if you're patient.
Remember the old adage in performance stuff:
You can have it done right.
You can have it done quick.
You can have it done cheap.
Pick two....

At the pull and pay motors are like $225. Good luck finding a 6.0 though.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kinda a side note, but how can you check the mileage on these? Bring a battery n hook everything back up?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda a side note, but how can you check the mileage on these? Bring a battery n hook everything back up?
Yep. If you push the trip meter on the dash a GMT 800 will display mileage if it has a battery connected. No key needed.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully the wiring is hacked to ****. I don't know if they put the mileage on the tag on the side of the truck or not. If all possible like to find one with relatively low miles.

Crookedaxle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Engine (Gas) "No Str,Alt,P/S,A/C" $204.09 $35.00 core

Thats the price of a motor at a local junkyard. Only problem is have NO idea if it's good or not. they have a tag they put on the side of the vehicle with year/make/model/VIN and whether engine/trans is any good. I've seen stuff come in and can tell it's been sitting a LONG TIME, says motor/trans is good. Gonna go to another yard maybe tomorrow, see what they have. Buddy that has the 5.3 and 6.0, I talked to him today but didnt chance to ask him, we were kinda venting bout work lol. Talked to a tuner today, they do this stuff all the time. Had an 03 maybe newer truck there with twins on it, big Caddy 'burban type deal waiting for a supercharger. They have a chassis dyno there, so can tune it rather than a bench tune. Told em what I wanted n said it's no problem. Just really ******' frustrating that I know what I want n can't do it right now. Think I need to start hangin' out on street corners for some extra money.....still prolly won't get any.....

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL, forgot what I posted......But think struck a deal on a 6.0, 119k, new coils, headers, complete with ECM n wiring for 450. Just need to figure out the tahoe side of the wiring. Can't find much info...