‘97 built 5.7 w 411 swap to tuner & dyno concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m taking my truck to HPP Racing in a few days to let them do some tuning and dyno time… They aren’t very familiar with the 411 swap but are confident they can get the tuning right…even though they usually only deal with LS and LS swaps…not a beefed up L31 5.7 any thoughts???

Also some of my gauges have started that bouncing tick off and on…especially when I turn a blinker on… Is that gonna cause a problem with the tuning or anything??? What causes this and how do I fix it???

Thanks for any and all feedback in advance…
Shane

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your battery cable connections and ground wires to the frame, body and engine. Need to be tight and free of corrosion. Also have your battery and alternator tested.

Tuning a L31 with an 041 is exactly like tuning a LS. Dial in the fueling, then advance the timing until the power levels out or they encounter knock retard. Pretty self explanitory.

Last edited: