Brakes still spongy after countless brake bleedings, and new master cylinder.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I have fixed the problem on mine, but you will not believe what solved it. I just replaced my booster after a year of manual brakes. It was leaking vacuum so bad that my engine would almost die when I applied he brakes. I finally replaced it last month after my wide complained she could not drive it.

My brakes are now almost as good as the hydroboost setup now. My wife now complains that the brakes in here vehicle suck. (I can never win). There is still some sponge to it, but I am 99 percent sure it is from my 14 year old rubber brake lines.

This might be your problem if your engine is loosing vacuum when the brakes are applied. It sounds weird, but it sure did fix mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Thanks for visiting my pants!

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I'm gonna replace the booster maybe tomorrow.. My trucks kind of apart right now any how.. I'll post afterwards

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok judging by the way I almost flew threw the front window when I touched my brakes after I changed the booster I'd say that's what it was... Lol.. Truck running better no bogging down because of vacuum leak.. Word of advice for people changing brake booster be very gentile with the brake switch.. Becaus the idiot who designed it didn't think about someone actually having to change it, so it will break if you do not baby it

hookedup50

Reaction score
I hate those brake switches, never got one off yet without wreckin it. How much do you think Gm paid, so It would nearly be impossible to remove? There are instruction to rmove it, but it is in such a rotten place you can't see what your doing.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You ain't jokin dude... I had to make a lock pin out of a bracket for cheap blinds.... Lol... It worker... I paid 20$ at a junk yard for my booster... Took me N hour to take it off... Someone locktighted the nuts and it was a lock nut to begin with.... Is like to kick the guy that did that in the nuts

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Well, if the brake booster fix also worked on yours, I wonder how many people converted to the Hydroboost setup when the vacuum booster was just leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Thanks for visiting my pants!

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea that would suck.. I couldn't ask for better brakes now.. If anything they're too strong... How do you guys have quotes and stuff on the end of your posts.. I'd like to add a picture of my truck to my post and what all I've done too