Brakes still spongy after countless brake bleedings, and new master cylinder.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am having the same problem, also when I apply the brake my engine starts to die a little or idle up.. is this vacuum leak..and if so how is it tied to the brake..i only know of one hose going from the brake booster to the intake..any more help on the spongy pedal??

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I am having the same problem, also when I apply the brake my engine starts to die a little or idle up.. is this vacuum leak..and if so how is it tied to the brake..i only know of one hose going from the brake booster to the intake..any more help on the spongy pedal??

hmm that sounds really strange. i just gave up and took my truck to the shop. i think i get it back tomorow they will tell me what was wrong with it

Green15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the spongy brake issue, horrible! I used to go all the way to the floor to stop just from a rolling idle.

Took my mechanic months to get results. Blead after blead... nothing. We replaced the Master Cylinder and it got much better, but still not great. My mechanic said--After working on countless break issues with 1995+'s that it has to do with the ABS controller trying to engage & disengage.

I don't know exactly how to help you or myself for that matter, but my brakes did get better after the new Master Cylinder was installed.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gah.. Don't want to have to buy all that crap... That puts me further begin on customizing lol.. Let me know what your mechanic ha to say

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tristan PLEASE let us know what is this. mines doing the same F&CKING THING. and im about to do the same. and my tahoes technically 4 years newer.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
I had the spongy brake issue, horrible! I used to go all the way to the floor to stop just from a rolling idle.

Took my mechanic months to get results. Blead after blead... nothing. We replaced the Master Cylinder and it got much better, but still not great. My mechanic said--After working on countless break issues with 1995+'s that it has to do with the ABS controller trying to engage & disengage.

I don't know exactly how to help you or myself for that matter, but my brakes did get better after the new Master Cylinder was installed.

very very strange... I hate issues like these that i cant fix. it makes me feel as if i dont know as much as i thought i did about car maintence :bawl:
Gah.. Don't want to have to buy all that crap... That puts me further begin on customizing lol.. Let me know what your mechanic ha to say
Tristan PLEASE let us know what is this. mines doing the same F&CKING THING. and im about to do the same. and my tahoes technically 4 years newer.

he actually said it just needed bled :shrug: he said they bled all the brakes multiple times and it supposably fixed the issue? :shrug: im going to find out tomorrow when i pick it up!

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Update for you guys

the shop said they bled the brakes all around, and the rear brake likes were pretty much all air. My brake light also came on because my little thingy (they said abs module) beside the master cylinder where all the wires come out broke because awhile back it was dangling and i guess i hit a bump and shatter the board inside or somethin but thats why my brake light is still on but the brakes are 100% better. guess my issue is partially solved. now time to get a new abs module thing and im good to go