Brake Pressure sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dylanellis

Reaction score
I own a 1995 Chevy 1500, i bought it early this summer and really like the pickup. A couple months back i started having problems getting it to come out of park when the pickup was running, now i can rarely ever get it out of park with the pickup running, i was told it was a brake pressure sensor or something close to that. Any help is appreciated as it is getting really annoying having to put the pickup into neutral before i can start it. Thanks!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
BTSI - brake-to-shift-interlock solenoid, remove the steering column lower panel and you'll see a black plastic rod with a circular device on it. Gently pry it off your shift linkage and try again. These go bad, causing the exact problem you're experiencing. Your truck will now shift out of park without needing to step on the brake so that "safety" mechanism is no longer in effect, FYI.

Richard

dylanellis

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach