Brake pedal squeak... yours too, or just mine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My brake pedal squeaks, and it's annoying. I have not looked at it yet. Have others been here before me? I did a search of the forum and didn't come up with anything. Google results were all for newer vehicles.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine doesn't, but I hope it's nothing to do with the booster... that's what I am playing with this evening.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
mine doesn't, but I hope it's nothing to do with the booster... that's what I am playing with this evening.

I think I'm going to have figure out how to lay on the floor under the dash and push on the pedal at the same time... or maybe I'll just spray it with something and hope for the best. I could try some silicone spray or the discontinued MMO spray that I have, which seems to work great on my hood latch.

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 93 does noticably, you should be able to grease the bushings. Some older dodges had grease zerks on the pedals, not sure if a chevy this new will. But WD40 or white lithium spray should take care of it

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
My brake pedal squeaks/creaks when it's humid as **** out, or super cold. I just never really paid any serious attention to it; guess it's just one more thing to grease up.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 93 does noticably, you should be able to grease the bushings. Some older dodges had grease zerks on the pedals, not sure if a chevy this new will. But WD40 or white lithium spray should take care of it
+1

white lithium has done wonders for me when I have squeaks and creaks!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Hmm, I took a look under the dash with a flashlight, and I can't even see the pivot point. The brake pedal curves around and seems to pivot someplace above the steering column. I can't see anything to even try to lubricate it!

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm, I took a look under the dash with a flashlight, and I can't even see the pivot point. The brake pedal curves around and seems to pivot someplace above the steering column. I can't see anything to even try to lubricate it!

did you press the pedal while you were down there and find the sound coming from that high?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
did you press the pedal while you were down there and find the sound coming from that high?

I pressed the pedal a few times, but it was hard to figure out where the noise was coming from when with everything in the way, and in such a cramped space.