Brake pedal squeak... yours too, or just mine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had this issue
It mad me more of a fluid squeak than a mechanical squeak
And one day poof it was gone.
Until it disappeared I used the universal squeak eleminator.

The knob on my stereo turned faaaar right.

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine creaked for a long time but it seems to have gone away on it's own. It never really bothered me, truth be told. The truck is 22 years old and still runs strong. I take the odd noises as proof she is still alive.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Mine creaked for a long time but it seems to have gone away on it's own. It never really bothered me, truth be told. The truck is 22 years old and still runs strong. I take the odd noises as proof she is still alive.

I'd like to cut down on the odd noises, since my truck seems to have so many of them.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep looking, you'll find the pivot and brake light switch. A little bit of wd40 fixed mine.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I knew right where to look though. I had been under the dash before, trying to figure out a way to make the brake lights not come on so soon (with the long pedal travel) because it made the trailer brakes come on too soon when pulling our camper. I have since ended up fixing the long pedal travel by removing the abs. Working on the brake pedal/brake light switch made me want to choke an engineer.