Brake Lights Staying on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shaneroze

Reaction score
So I have this issue with my 97 Suburban that with the brake lights, they turn on with the actual tails but don't function at all with my foot on the brake. The third brake light works like a charm, the boards are new, the brake park relay fuse is a-ok, and I can't find a wire grounding out or pinched together.
You must be registered for see images attach

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do the directionals or hazards work back there? If they do, I would look at the switch on the pedal.

shaneroze

Reaction score
Do the directionals or hazards work back there? If they do, I would look at the switch on the pedal
The directionals work no problem, the hazard lights, heh, the button for it is busted. Weirdest thing is it has done this before, but then randomly started working again, but now stopped working yet again

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna +1 the brake switch here. Easy to check, easy to replace.

shaneroze

Reaction score
Solved how, what lead you there, and what did you do to identify the cause?
Lose connection below the steering wheel where all the wires lead up to the ignition. It kinda lead me to it by seeing other people having similar issues and saying to check the connection right there, and I figured with how much I do extra unnecessary crap taking me dash out every week I bumped something loose