brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scowling

Reaction score
I am sure this has been covered before but I haven't found the answer i am looking for. So i have a '95 chev c1500. my parking/emergency brake light is on in the dash. brakes are squishy. When the truck is off 2 pumps on the brake pedal and it is stiff, but when the truck is turned on the pedal almost goes to the floor. My brakes pads and shoes are good, rotors and drums as well. Can't find any air in the system. Another thing is, my fluid level was good until last week when it snowed and got below 0c, then my fluid was missing. No puddles or leaks I can see. Where do I start or what is the problem??

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like you have a bad master cylinder. I would bet that your missing fluid has found its way out of the rear seal on the piston. If you unbolt the master cylinder from the booster i would bet that it will be wet inside the booster hole and the end of the master cylinder.

scowling

Reaction score
I was thinking it might be that, but i don't have the time to start ripping and tearing things apart right now. This weekend i'll check the master when i can get it inside out of the snow