3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the truck back. Goes down the road fine except for the input shaft play on the box. So you have to saw a little. Hopefully going to get that warrantied.

Brakes are better, but not great. You’ll stop fine, just have to have the pedal about half way down before there’s any real feel. If you press the pedal even slightly you will slow down too, but I don’t want to have to jam my foot so far to have any real feel. They said that was all they could do for it.

The issue: they got a lot of air out of the right front lines. I’m surprised that was it. I still think there is something else going on.

You must be registered for see images attach
I’m not going to “like” cause I know your not satisfied.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ll stop fine, just have to have the pedal about half way down before there’s any real feel.
That’s what mine has done since I bought it
If you press the pedal even slightly you will slow down too
It’s never done that.

It’s so aggravating

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read a post by Schurkey that poorly adjusted parking brake can cause:
grabby brakes, unusual wear patterns, pedal-feel issues, and pedal-height problems

I know I still need to adjust those. I will do that this weekend.

Plan of attack:

1) Get the truck on stands, wheels off, adjust adjusters fully so I can’t turn the wheel then back off one full turn.

2) Properly adjust the parking cables.

3) assess results then not worry anymore.

My GF followed me home and she said it went down the road straight but could see the play at times with me fighting the wheel.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adjusting the rear brakes made a big difference on mine when I did it a couple weeks ago. Not as much travel for the wheel cylinders to move for the shoes to touch.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adjusting the rear brakes made a big difference on mine when I did it a couple weeks ago. Not as much travel for the wheel cylinders to move for the shoes to touch.
I guess mine might need to go more. We will see. Wish the dealer would’ve just done it!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parking brake is also based off the inital setup of the shoes though, so if they are too far out adjusting the PB cable won't really help regular pedal feel. Setting my shoes tighter helped pedal feel an made the parking brake better since they were farther out already.

I think it was another post by Shurkey I saw where he said the prop valve sends most pressure to the rear to seat the shoes quickly an then limits the pressure to avoid lockup. After you build rear pressure it sends what's left to the front. That's what lead me to clamp off my rear line an see if I got a good pedal. If it was mine, adjust the shoes out until the pedal feels how you want it too. That's basically what I did an mine are great now. Right or wrong it made me happy finally....

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot about my exhaust tip. Got that on. Gave the truck a once over and noticed the lower transmission cooler line was weeping at the radiator. So before I do anything else I’ll get that seated better. It’s tight, but maybe there is some crud on the threads.
You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toe an go is all most places want to do anymore. Most new cars are only adjustable on toe from the factory. I finally found a shop again that will take the time an do it right bit it runs $140 an he's almost an hour away. Worth it though for getting what you want/pay for.