Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Long tubes make more torque than shorties, just like like longer intake runners do. Shorties get you most of what a long tube does. If you're willing to do an engine back exhaust, go long tube. I intend to keep the stock cats for now so will eventually go shorty with the optional 3" down pipes.

I figured I was going to have to do the entire exhaust from downpipe back, but I figured if I was going to put myself through all the trouble I wanted to find headers that had actual power numbers which I found from the Torque Tubes.

Shorties would be easiest, but from some information I've collected from RV Forums, some older truck forums, and some stuff that was saved from that massive 454 thread on FSC it brought me to the conclusion I really wanted to try to find a set of Banks headers.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good luck with that. I think the driver's side kicked itself to the right at the bottom effectively crossing over like the stock setup. There's an 8.1 header out there that does the same. It fits an 800 truck, but I haven't seen anyone try them on a 400 yet. That's about the only thing that's special about the Banks kit. That and it bolts right in.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's an 8.1 header out there that does the same. It fits an 800 truck, but I haven't seen anyone try them on a 400 yet. That's about the only thing that's special about the Banks kit. That and it bolts right in.

I sent an email a while back to a high performance place that had a performance line for the 8.1 about their headers fitting. Got lost in the FSC thread.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sent an email a while back to a high performance place that had a performance line for the 8.1 about their headers fitting. Got lost in the FSC thread.

There was a member on here who had a set of 8.1L headers he was trying to put on his Suburban; but I don't know if he posted anything on a success of them fitting.

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score