Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Somebody has to entertain the neighbors...

I do the same thing, but no cursing. It's just more time for me to hear the awesome sound of an idling v8.

I was admiring the sound of my 454 idling in reverse with the parking brake on, but I was also already sweating because I'd been mowing and weed-eating for about an hour before I decided to snatch the trailer out of it's spot.

Im planning on i stalling some pacer cab lights on mine and I wasn’t sure if an aftermarket gasket would be good or not

I'm still trying to find OEM gaskets, I checked at the dealer and a set of five gaskets is like $85, I would really prefer to go OE so I may just give up and shell out for Genuine GM

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For about $5 a piece you can get Dorman lens and gasket. I totally get the OE want though.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was admiring the sound of my 454 idling in reverse with the parking brake on, but I was also already sweating because I'd been mowing and weed-eating for about an hour before I decided to snatch the trailer out of it's spot.

I'm still trying to find OEM gaskets, I checked at the dealer and a set of five gaskets is like $85, I would really prefer to go OE so I may just give up and shell out for Genuine GM
Yeah that sounds like a better plan they might cost more but it would be worth it

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a little digging around, and this is about the cheapest I could find. Lenses are about $11, and the bases are about $16.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/gm-clearance-light-lens-15951646

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/gm-roof-marker-light-15691885

Awesome! I tried to search around but just kept hitting dead ends; definitely going to place and order so I can get this leak fixed.
----------------------------------------
Acted like a ******** today coming home and splashed through the big ass puddle at the end of my driveway; truck immediately starting bucking and missing. Popped the hood and it was soaked, everything on the passenger side was dripping water. Let it sit and dry out and now it's back to normal; guess I really oughta get those new splash guards installed.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome! I tried to search around but just kept hitting dead ends; definitely going to place and order so I can get this leak fixed.
----------------------------------------
Acted like a ******** today coming home and splashed through the big ass puddle at the end of my driveway; truck immediately starting bucking and missing. Popped the hood and it was soaked, everything on the passenger side was dripping water. Let it sit and dry out and now it's back to normal; guess I really oughta get those new splash guards installed.
That's a 5 minute job on the front! Get those on!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New cab light gasket and lenses ordered. I'm struggling a little with the door pin/bushing/roller/spring though; I can't seem to find a whole kit that's OE and not Dorman, I can find pins but not bushings on OEM parts sites. Anyone got any suggestions?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See my post in "What'd you do to your GMT400 today"

That's awesome news! I'm looking at HPTuners again, debating on pulling the trigger depending on how much I have if I go pick up a new toolbox.
---------------
Shared in the "What did you do to your GMT400 today" thread, but I'll post it here too.

Finally scored factory fogs! I found them by accident really, I was snooping around in a local yard with my brother and saw a Pewter Tahoe with fender flares, but no bumper or grill or grill guard. Peeked in the back glass and saw a bumper and a foglight staring back at me, I couldn't get the barn doors open so I had to wrestle it out of the driver's side rear door.
You must be registered for see images attach

On the way out I saw a couple of 400s tucked back in the woods and Indiana Jones'd myself across a few cars to look.
A burnt ECSB K2500 that had a 454, a C3500 SRW service truck that was in really good shape for being pushed in the woods, and a C3500HD. With door handles still on it. Probably going back sometime this week with a sawzall to cut the doors out so I can get the handles and rods.
You must be registered for see images attach