What headers for 7.4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, just thought I'd follow up so I didn't leave anyone hanging on the fitment of the 8.1l motorhome headers.
I wiggled them down in there as far as I could and the result ended up being that the flange is welded on a funny angle that forces the tubes much wider than the block. The other clearances look pretty good, but I can't get them far enough down to really confirm that either. The passenger side ends up being the tighter of the two even though there is less in the way. This is because the driver side header has the first tube swept back a lot farther for better clearance of the motor mount.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s not something you want to get into, but maybe the motor mounts need to be unbolted, and move the engine around a little bit.

Crazydavez28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up finding a new pair of Hooker Comps on facebook marketplace for $100. I fitted them before i pulled the 454 for restoration. I got the frame painted and getting ready for a aftermarket cam,stall,lift, etc and a set of 40's...hopefully all that by spring

If you want the EGR to work out take the fitting out of the manifold, chope the pipe threads off, and use the actual tube to find location on #5 primary. IIRC it is a -14JIC Male fitting. I also used round port Percy's aluminum gaskets. FYI don't mess up the EGR tube they are unobtanium.