Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No big updates, mainly just been driving the piss out of it. Did manage to get a pair of tailgate straps on. It was a struggle with the driver's side one due to it being bent; I had to file it and Dremel it out so it would fit on the peg.
You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
The more that I look at your truck, the more it persuades me to get BFG 285s for my 98. The $213 price tag on Amazon frightens me a little, but I'd still buy them anyway lol.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The more that I look at your truck, the more it persuades me to get BFG 285s for my 98. The $213 price tag on Amazon frightens me a little, but I'd still buy them anyway lol.
Worth every penny. My 98 and my wifes suburban both have 285 bfgs. The 98 still has the old style before they went to the ko2 and they've got over 50k miles on them so they're close to replacement. I'd jump on them at 213 the 285-17s on my wifes were 300 a tire.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
200+ a tire is the going rate for something that big BFG or otherwise. What I'm not looking forward to is 6 tires on the dually.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try to order through 4 Wheel Parts, they run a special every December with two $50 rebates, a manufacturer rebate and one through 4WP, and they pay all the taxes I believe;

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Checked them out and sadly the sale ends today, I’ll wait until they have another sale. :)

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oil changed, back to driving. I'm slowly starting to get a parts pile built up of stuff I need to install. It's starting to sound like the fuel pump is going out, so I'll have to see where that takes me.

Also finished up the visor for my brother's truck, I still need to silicone the **** out of a couple of holes and tidy up some wiring but all in all, my brother, my dad, and I are pretty happy with the outcome.

Not the best pic but those LEDs are bright, even brighter than my cab lights.