Boss 338 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear - tire sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody here running this setup (surely there is, I just couldn't find the posts) - what sizes you running?

For a 4/6 drop I like running a 255/45/20 up front, like to think about a similar height tire in the back but wider for the 10" wheel.

Richard

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am running them. You run into a little problem with the rears. The backspace isn't optimal. You will have to trim the bed lips

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'll sell you mine
If you were closer we'd probably be talking, especially if your fronts are the -3AA revision which are (hopefully) less hassle with the center caps/hubs. I'm getting ready to buy a pair of new 8.5's although I already own a full freakin' set, but the ones I already have are the 4.75" backspace and also the old revision so they're fine on a stock height truck if you run a spacer up front, but worthless in the front for a dropped truck.

Kinda surprised to hear about the issue with the rears. I've already rolled the lip in the back just because I drive that truck like it's a Corvette, probably didn't need it with the current combo but I figured better safe than sorry. Does it really need to be cut with the 10" 338's or was it due to the tire size you picked?

Im gonna go with the 255/45 up front with a 295/40 out back.... Should look good.
I think that's what is already on the back of mine with the 8.5" Centerlines, when I sold the truck to a friend he mounted those up and I'm getting ready to swap on the 338's because the girlfriend likes them better and she's the one driving the truck now; will have to check them in a bit when she gets home. They look slightly taller to me than the 255/45/20 fronts.

Kinda thinking I would just round out the package with the 10's out back since I was already gonna have to buy new fronts, that way I'd have a whole set of old revision 8.5" / 4.75" bs to sell off instead of stuck with a pair I have no use for.

Richard

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it might just be the tire I picked. Got into a pickle and no one had any 270/40 in stock and I had a trip the next day. Mine are the new version. Don't need to run a spacer

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You gotta be careful on the new rims. The chrome plating is hit and miss. I am on my second set right now. Replaced them a week before the warranty ran out

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You gotta be careful on the new rims. The chrome plating is hit and miss. I am on my second set right now. Replaced them a week before the warranty ran out
I'm going with the gray/natural, like the set I've already got. They should look great on the black truck. Look "OK" on the maroon one, which will end up with my Centerline Smoothies after the swap, and after I send 'em out for straightening and a good polishing. They hold their shine a long time but I've had those Smoothies forever now.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard