Body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well its been a while since i got on but i got some 16 inch dick cepek dc2s for christmas im getting them put on tomorrow and ill definately have some pictures up but i was wondering if my truck would lookk dumb with a 3 inch body lift with 265/75-16s right now just stock size until i can get some 35s and does anybody have a picture of an obs with just a body lift and stock tires thanks

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my experence 35s don't fit under a 3 inch body but I agree with chris it works but don't look great

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well my uncle has the same vehicle 3 inch body lift with 35s just trim the plastic up front under the bumper a little and his dont scrub at all and i was told 12.50s wont scrub as long has you dont have a rim over 8 inches wide

EastTXYukon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im runnin a 3" bl on my 2 door Yukon with the stock wheels and 265/75/16s. Doesn't look good, but its not awful. I can stand it long enough for the current tires to wear out. Shouldn't be too much longer till they're done.

Having the stock wheels on is allowing me to get some other things done while I wait. Ive got the rear bumper raised up, the frame and wheel wells painted and nerf bars modified and ready to go on. Plus Ive got new wheels waiting for new rubber. New tires will be the last thing to finish it out....for now.

Im going to run 305/70/16, which is equivalent to a 33x12.5. I think you have to crank up the front bars a lot to fit 35's

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
he did his with no cranking whatsoever and if i have to ive got a set of keys to crank them up laying around here

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
some clear some don't every truck is different, but it's the same setup I want to run. big thing is wheel width and backspace, even if it's 8 or 7 inches wide and it's hadly no backspace it can rub the body, and alot of backspace like stock and you're gonna rub the frame or control arms. I rub mine with 255/70's on stockers.

May need to crank up your torsion bars a bit if they are not already or not sagging. It helps.

I would say 35's on stockers or reg. 4.25 or so backspace 8's and 12.50's with a body lift and some crank if need be and you'll be ok, if not change your torsion bars, NOT keys bars.

KEYS DO NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stock keys crank you to the droop stops, aftermarket or others do nothing more, if it won't go that high stock your bars are shot and NO KEY is gonna help.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got a 3 body lift, crank, add-a-leaf and i run 35s on 15x10 rim with 4" backspacing

yes i did have to do some trimming but i have wheeled it with these tires and old 36 swampers on nbs rims with 1.5 spacers

o and i did run 265s on stock rims for a couple months till i ended up getting some 33s

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach