Body Lift Steps: N-fabs, Nerf Bars, Running Boards or nothing?

What's your favorite 3" Body Lift step combo?

• Running Boards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nerf Bars

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • N-Fabs

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • Nothing

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Okay, I have a 3" bl on my truck (don't mind it in the least- I love it in fact) However, the running boards were driving me crazy so I ripped them off. I think it looks a lot better and don't really mind the frame hanging down too much. I was thinking about throwing some Nerf Bars on or something, but before I did I was wondering what other people did usually, so I thought I'd start up a poll and give the GMT400 dudes something else to throw around a few more times :lol:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nerf bars, or nfabs if you got the cash, i don't care alot for them but they do work, or nothing.

my top pick is nerfs that's what I have, then 2nd would be nothing, or close to 2nd is n fabs, running boards, NO way to papaw looking for me.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either, you need something to help hide the frame. I would prefer n-fabs, but they are $$$$$$$. I will use nerf bars with mine cause they came on the truck when I bought it. :rofl:

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
For a body lift, I say Nerf Bars all the way. Don't listen to the people who say that they rust cab corners, I've had mine on forever and there is NO sign of rust because I take care to wash and wax there. Suspension lift, N Fabs, body lift nerf to hide the frame.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I say nothing, but if you must, the n-fab style step is pretty much the only thing I would accept. Nerf bars (here in tne north east) generally rot away in no time.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I like n fab style and the rectangular running boards. I know, I know. Not big on round nerf bars.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as far as bars rusting that's why you buy stainless and if you don't like shiney paint em.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
For a body lift, I say Nerf Bars all the way. Suspension lift, N Fabs, body lift nerf to hide the frame.

So you're saying for a suspension lift go with n-fans and for a body lift go work nerf bars?

I'm not trying to be rude but that's completely wrong.

To the op

N-Fabs are body mounted, meaning that they will be the height of the body, not the frame. They are usually what people use to hide the frame after a body lift. I have a set but no body lift. They cost me around $350 which is the same price as stainless nerf bars at the local shop.

As for nerf bars, they're frame mounted, meaning they'll stay down 3" with the frame after a body lift. Now there is a way around this, you can take the nerf bars off their mounts and drill new holes 3" higher and bolt the steps into the mount there and they'll be up 3" and THEN they'll hide the frame gap.

IMO, n-Fabs simply because I have them and they look and perform great. But in the end, with minor modifications, both will work for you.