Should I buy iboard? or some other nerf bar or running boards.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No known knowledge of the steps you're mentioning, but I have NFab steps installed on mine, and I love them. Personal preference on the looks, but I like the limited interference with ground clearance.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
At one time I had the I-board type running boards on my '96 but I took them off. They mount to the 2 cab mounts on regular cab so they flex when you step on them. I think all boards and nerfs mount to the cab mounts on these trucks.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At one time I had the I-board type running boards on my '96 but I took them off. They mount to the 2 cab mounts on regular cab so they flex when you step on them. I think all boards and nerfs mount to the cab mounts on these trucks.
Mine mount to the cab at the very bottom, right between a couple of pinch welds, but it has a cantilever that goes behind it and prevents the flexing you were talking about.

Ivan90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No known knowledge of the steps you're mentioning, but I have NFab steps installed on mine, and I love them. Personal preference on the looks, but I like the limited interference with ground clearance.
RawbDidIt, I like those NFab steps on your truck. I'm gonna check to see if they'll fit mine. I've got an extended cab with 78" bed. According to the NFab website the steps are for extended cab and 96" bed.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
RawbDidIt, I like those NFab steps on your truck. I'm gonna check to see if they'll fit mine. I've got an extended cab with 78" bed. According to the NFab website the steps are for extended cab and 96" bed.
I have a 78" bed as well. The part number for mine is: C88893D-TX. Found them on Amazon