Body Lift on top of current setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
I have been debating some things about doing to my truck. Before I joined this site I put Lift keys in the front and 2" blocks in the rear and I am really getting sick of the front end wear as well as the terribly rough ride. I was debating putting on a true suspension lift kit but do not have the funds and probably will not for a long while.

I was wondering what you guys think about me putting the stock keys back on, cranking them a little (I know my torsion bars are warn because I gained some highth with my lift keys) Leaving my 2" blocks (because I have no normal U-bolts) and just adding a body lift on top.

Let me know what you think, Any suggestions or input is welcome.

You must be registered for see images attach

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
You probably gonna have a pretty good rake with the stock keys back in there, but I think a body lift would look good. I'd get a 2" BL because it doesn't show as much frame and still looks good

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
I don't want a nose diver. Hmm... I wonder if i left the lift keys in but took them all the way down to the stops?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
If your t-bars are worn and you have a 2" block in the rear, there's not a whole lot you can do about the rake...besisdes taking the blocks out

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
True... When I pull the trigger I might have to see about how bad it does rake and then decide whether or not to take them out.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would pull the blocks and decrank till level then go with a 2" body lift and some trimming. I've been down the cranked road with my 92, it sucks so went full suspenion lift. For the 98 and only wanted to run 33's (285/75R16) the 2" body lift was clear choice, much better then block and crank.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I would pull the blocks and decrank till level then go with a 2" body lift and some trimming. I've been down the cranked road with my 92, it sucks so went full suspenion lift. For the 98 and only wanted to run 33's (285/75R16) the 2" body lift was clear choice, much better then block and crank.

This is the truck i was thinking about when I suggested going with a 2" BL. Just about perfect stance for a DD