Body Lift on top of current setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Looking like that is more the way I think I may go. Any idea where to get some stock u-bolts?

jogroff

Reaction score
You can go to any local spring and alignment shop and they can make u-bolts for you. Just tell them how long you want them. If your torsion bars are worn, I would leave the lift keys in and just loosen the adjuster bolts to bring the front down a bit. I went with a 1.5" rear block on my truck but I also only had 4 leaf springs in the rear of my 94. I also have a 2" body lift. It's hardly noticeable with the gap guards and rear bumper lift brackets. It looks more like a new body style 3/4 ton frame when looking at the truck. You also won't need the shifter linkage ext. on a two inch body lift (I didn't) On the 3 inch you have to weld the ext. in place. Also, you have less steering bind with the shorter steering shaft extension. If your rubber body mount bushings show any deterioration (i had rust in upstate, NY) i would buy the kit that has the polyurethane body mount bushings to replace when lifting the truck. It's easy to do it then instead of later like I did.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
You can go to any local spring and alignment shop and they can make u-bolts for you. Just tell them how long you want them. If your torsion bars are worn, I would leave the lift keys in and just loosen the adjuster bolts to bring the front down a bit. I went with a 1.5" rear block on my truck but I also only had 4 leaf springs in the rear of my 94. I also have a 2" body lift. It's hardly noticeable with the gap guards and rear bumper lift brackets. It looks more like a new body style 3/4 ton frame when looking at the truck. You also won't need the shifter linkage ext. on a two inch body lift (I didn't) On the 3 inch you have to weld the ext. in place. Also, you have less steering bind with the shorter steering shaft extension. If your rubber body mount bushings show any deterioration (i had rust in upstate, NY) i would buy the kit that has the polyurethane body mount bushings to replace when lifting the truck. It's easy to do it then instead of later like I did.

I am assuming they are going to be warn... Suggestions on brand and where to buy the bushings?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
The only two brands I've seen for our trucks are Performance Accessorioes and Energy Suspension...both are about the same price and the best I've found is on Amazon

jogroff

Reaction score
Thanks I will have to look into them

I would purchase it all as a kit from Performance Accessories if they still offer this way. It may be a bit cheaper than purchasing separately. I unfortunately didn't do that. I used the energy suspension ones and had the hassle of installing later. They offered in red and black. I purchased in black so they weren't noticeable. Really nice quality and it actually raised everything about another 1/2 inch since they don't crush like the factory rubber ones do.