Bluetooth OBD2 adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m viewing transmission temperature with Dash Command on my 96 K1500.
Thats my main concern anyways. The other info that you can view is just a bonus. I just had to replace my transmission, so I just want to keep an eye on it. Im gonna give one off of Amazon a shot and see what happens.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats my main concern anyways. The other info that you can view is just a bonus. I just had to replace my transmission, so I just want to keep an eye on it. Im gonna give one off of Amazon a shot and see what happens.
Once Dash Command is purchased, you have to then buy the in app purchase for your specific year GM(96) and then your good. What transmission do you have?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ironically I've had better luck with the transparent blue cheapies than I did with a BAFX. The BAFX I bought wouldn't connect to either of my '97s, I returned it.

The blue cheapies definitely do have their own weird quirks though... I have two of them. One will connect to my '97 C1500, but will NOT connect to my '97 K1500 Suburban. The other one is the exact opposite. Same model adapter, from the same vendor.

The only adapter I have experience with that has worked with everything 100% is my PLX Kiwi. Mine is an older revision that has a cord attached to the adapter, but they have several newer options starting at around $50. Mine was $100 back in the day IIRC.

https://www.plxdevices.com/Kiwi-OBD-OBDII-Interface-Gauges-Scan-tool-Diagnostics-s/195.htm

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you able to use it to view transmission temperature on your vehicle?

It looks like I can, or "could" if I pay for it, with DashCommand.

I just checked with DashCommand on my iPhone and the InfoCar adapter on my 1998 L31 Suburban.

You must be registered for see images attach

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once Dash Command is purchased, you have to then buy the in app purchase for your specific year GM(96) and then your good.

I was able to read a number of parameters ("PIDs") w/o any specific "year" purchase, although there are evidently some parameters which require one.

I was using DashCommand on my iPhone (in the image below, it's no longer connected to my Suburban but the GUI is shown) and the InfoCar interface (Amazon $39).

This was actually first time I've tried using DashCommand w/the InfoCar on my Suburban, usually I use an old device called AutoTap w/ its specific SW running on a laptop.

I originally bought the InfoCar for use on a 2008 Toyota FWIW.

Last edited:

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like I can, or "could" if I pay for it, with DashCommand.

I just checked with DashCommand on my iPhone and the InfoCar adapter on my 1998 L31 Suburban.

Sweet. Im going to do some more digging and pick one out and give it a try.