Blower Motor Cover 93 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyutah

Reaction score
Hey all,

I need to replace my blower motor, and it looks easy enough, except most video's I have seen don't have the rubber sound dampening cover. The one video I found to remove that cover looks like a PIA. Does anyone have a trick to remove the motor without having to rip the glove box and computer out? Debating just cutting the rubber cover off.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I took mine out of my 97 and never put it back, it didn't make much if any noticeable difference. I think it sits on a big plastic stud above the blower motor, it's hard to get to without removing the glove box. I don't think you'd need to move the ECM.

johnnyutah

Reaction score
I took mine out of my 97 and never put it back, it didn't make much if any noticeable difference. I think it sits on a big plastic stud above the blower motor, it's hard to get to without removing the glove box. I don't think you'd need to move the ECM.
From Video's the 97 is slightly different where it's easier to get to if you remove the glove box and don't have to remove the ECM and mounting tray.