Blow by

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rojo

Reaction score
The blow- by on my 96 5.7 is sucking air. I rigged a cigarette on it and it smoked it in 9 sec

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The blow- by on my 96 5.7 is sucking air. I rigged a cigarette on it and it smoked it in 9 sec
"Blow-by" is the fumes produced by combustion gasses escaping past the rings. It's not a location on the engine.

Apparently, you've put a cigarette in the fresh-air intake for the PCV system, or against the PCV valve itself. Yeah, there's suction there. If there weren't there'd be something wrong.

Rojo

Reaction score
It was the fresh air side makes a lot of sense after air filter. I just never noticed that much air going thru passenger side valve cover. I have read a lot about it.I got it now. Thanks for the help on it. smdh

Last edited:

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was the fresh air side makes a lot of sense after air filter. I just never noticed that much air going thru passenger side valve cover. I have read a lot about it.I got it now. Thanks for the help on it. smdh
Probably valve seals