Blinker issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97moneypit

Reaction score
Some one please help me. Im going to burn drive this truck off a cliff.

97 gmc k1500

Swapped all lights to leds

Engine off. All lights work fine.
Engine on. Left blinker works fine with headlight switch in all positions
Right blinker only works with the headlights in the off position.
Flashers are fine

Last edited:

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
Check your grounds.

Make sure your wires are in good shape. Look for damaged/frayed or bare wires.

Also, do you have a rely on the front lights?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All light bulbs to LEDs. LED have very low resistance. Don't create enough load on bimetal turn signal flasher. One way to correct this is use an electronic turn signal flash unit. Uses a " brain" to time turn signal. That's based on your wiring and grounds and such are all good.
Also LED bulbs only flow voltage one direction, diode is like a check valve, you may have found that out already. Hope this helps.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All light bulbs to LEDs. LED have very low resistance. Don't create enough load on bimetal turn signal flasher. One way to correct this is use an electronic turn signal flash unit. Uses a " brain" to time turn signal. That's based on your wiring and grounds and such are all good.
Also LED bulbs only flow voltage one direction, diode is like a check valve, you may have found that out already. Hope this helps.
Funny how we talked exactly about this today with a friend,who's Firebird's tail lights are so poor,that I suggested LEDs. Coincidence? Matrix lol