Blinker issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Aarondash

Reaction score
The parking light and corner light will alternate flashing when you engage a blinker IF your headlights/parking lights are switched on. If they're off, the parking light and corner light will flash together. Post #4 in this thread explains why:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/why-...-the-side-marker-and-the-parking-light.35710/
Okay. But now my blinkers all work except for the rear one. I flipped the bulb for the tail light and nothing. The lights work just blinker doesn’t only for the right side though.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Okay. But now my blinkers all work except for the rear one. I flipped the bulb for the tail light and nothing. The lights work just blinker doesn’t only for the right side though.
Could be the bulb, but it sounds more like the circuit/socket board. I had trouble with the right side taillight on Rawhide (my crew cab) until I bit the bullet and replaced the board with a new one. I had previously used a used one, like I did on the left side taillight, but it only lasted a month or so before it was acting up again. If you can smack the lens and it comes on, might be what it is (bad ground or connection in the board).
I didn't want to buy a board when I'm going to replace the taillights in the near future (nice shiny ones make the truck look "less old/neglected")(and attract less attention from law enforcement). But it's better to spend a little bit to avoid a ticket or a rear end collision cause someone couldn't tell we were stopping or turning.