I have flashers when ether blinker is turned on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96redchev

Reaction score
So I know changing lights to led is a nightmare but so far I’ve gotten the resistors put in and led put in I have one running light wire on the passenger side still cut because if it’s connected I only get running lights and no blinkers with it being the way it is now I get blinkers on driver side but have a very faint indicator on the dash for passenger side and it will not blink when no lights are on everything works as it should I’m just lost at this point

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you check the ground at rear frame for rear lighting. If it has any corrosion, clean it well and the frame point.
There is a post about opening the turn signal flasher and a small mod, it will ignore the LED s and flash normally. I believe it was posted by " someotherguy ", he explains an easier way rather than installing a bunch of resisters.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
That mod only works if you haven't done LEDs for every bulb in the truck. If you have, or plan to, resistors will be needed.

So I know changing lights to led is a nightmare but so far I’ve gotten the resistors put in and led put in I have one running light wire on the passenger side still cut because if it’s connected I only get running lights and no blinkers with it being the way it is now I get blinkers on driver side but have a very faint indicator on the dash for passenger side and it will not blink when no lights are on everything works as it should I’m just lost at this point

You should not have cut any running light wires. The resistors should go between ground and the high side of the blinker bulbs (light blue/dark blue wires for left and right respectively). The brown wire need not be touched.

Also for future reference if you plan to or have put LEDs in the rear: no more resistors should be needed. Only the two up front are needed, one for each side.

96redchev

Reaction score
Did you check the ground at rear frame for rear lighting. If it has any corrosion, clean it well and the frame point.
There is a post about opening the turn signal flasher and a small mod, it will ignore the LED s and flash normally. I believe it was posted by " someotherguy ", he explains an easier way rather than installing a bunch of resisters.
I did check that I cleaned it but maybe not well enough. would running a ground from the battery to the frame change anything? or be pointless I also have the aftermarket flasher that makes it ignore the leds

96redchev

Reaction score
That mod only works if you haven't done LEDs for every bulb in the truck. If you have, or plan to, resistors will be needed.

You should not have cut any running light wires. The resistors should go between ground and the high side of the blinker bulbs (light blue/dark blue wires for left and right respectively). The brown wire need not be touched.

Also for future reference if you plan to or have put LEDs in the rear: no more resistors should be needed. Only the two up front are needed, one for each side.
Thank you I’ll get that put together. So I only need the resistor on one blinker ? Or do I need them on each separate wire?

96redchev

Reaction score
One for left and one for right. It provides resistance to function turn flasher.
So this is a mess right now it will be cleaned up once everything is figure out but I have one on each side and it’s still giving me the issue of not blinking on the passenger side when the lights are turned on driver side still works fine also the light for the gear selector dims when the blinker is turned on with no lights on the picture of the dash is what it does when the lights are turned on
You must be registered for see images attach