bin???? files

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Finally bought a new laptop the other day. Have had a cable for awhile and would like todo some data logging.

IIRC you need a bin file to make tuner pro work. Correct? Where do I find that file for my 1990 C1500 with a 5.7. Or lead me in the right direction. I looked on the gearhead efi site and found nothing. BUT, my search skills suck big time! lol

Thank you!

Ken

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do I find that file for my 1990 C1500 with a 5.7. Or lead me in the right direction
You need an .adx definition file for data logging and an .xdf mask to read your .bin These must match your ECM/PCM service #. Lets say you have a 1227747, you need the $42-1227747-V5.0.adx to data log and the $42-1227747-V5.9.3,xdf to look at/modify your .bin

What ECM do you have?

Edit: you need TunerPro RT v5xxx to data log, regular TunerPro won't do it.

kenh

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll have to pull my glove box to get the ECM number. Last trip to the junk yard somebody had pulled an ecm and had the cover off leaving the chip exposed. Some how it fell into my tool bag...... HMMMMMM

Ken

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to pull my glove box to get the ECM number.
Your ECM should be mounted on a shelf behind the glove box with spring clips. All you need to do is remove the 2 wire connectors and slide it off the shelf to your left.

If it is a 1227747, I have a modified one with a ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket so you can use SST 27SF512 EEPROM flash chips instead of the OE 2732A EPROM. Here's where I posted it for sale along with other stuff, if you're interested in programming/tuning on your own. I'll take $300 for it all.

www.gmt400.com/threads/ecm-chips-moates-burn-2-etc.53131/#post-1165360

kenh

Reaction score
Gosh this sucks...... Just today pulled the glove box on my 90 and I indeed have the 1227747 ECM. Also I apologize for not responding to any of your posts.:(

So I look at the link that PWT posted for the adx file. Is this the correct one? http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/def/adx/$42-1227747-Dash-History.adx

I don't see an ADX download button. Did get (a) XDF downloaded to Tuner Pro. is it correct?? WTFK.

Then I found this post (#3) and am even more confused.... http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject...ECM-Information-42&p=2207&viewfull=1#post2207 Why does this have to be so MU FU hard???

I'm still on the fence about the LS swap. I bought a ALDL cable a while back so I want to use the damn thing at least once to see what the hell I have.

I apologize for the rant.

Ken

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I look at the link that PWT posted for the adx file. Is this the correct one?
I recently sent the latest .adx and .xdf files to @tsr2185. I can email them to you too if you wanna PM me with your Email address.

I don't see an ADX download button. Did get (a) XDF downloaded to Tuner Pro. is it correct?? WTFK.
If you click on Acquisition\Load Definition File it'll look for .adx files in your computer. Cheers :waytogo: