bigredchevy.com straight axle brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just searching the internet and came across this site. I was wondering if anyone has ever used his "flat" weld up kit. It looks heavy duty and I might try it when I have the money. Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I do not have time to go to the website right now and look around but if this is the one I am thinking it is I would not trust it because if I remember right his whole build looked sketchy at best.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I do not have time to go to the website right now and look around but if this is the one I am thinking it is I would not trust it because if I remember right his whole build looked sketchy at best.

Yea that kit looks a little hoaky to me. I only trust ORU and OffroadDirect. ORD just came out with there kit and I'd use that too. But do some more research. I know of like 5 brands oh there now. The big red Chevy one looks too backyard mechanics to me

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing i dont like is the shackles and shackle mount. I thought the front brackets looks pretty solid.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
The only thing i dont like is the shackles and shackle mount. I thought the front brackets looks pretty solid.
the shackles and shackle mounts are a terrible design, just as the front crossmember is. single shear suspension bolts? lack of front to back stability on the front crossmember... i wouldn't use that crap as paperweights.

JoeyD

Reaction score
the shackles and shackle mounts are a terrible design, just as the front crossmember is. single shear suspension bolts? lack of front to back stability on the front crossmember... i wouldn't use that crap as paperweights.

I disagree, that junk would make excellent paper weights

Reaction score
look at off road designs kit. its very heavy duty and the welding is top notch. i was gonna go off road direct till i saw a side by side with offroad design kit , waaay more heavy duty. what i didnt like about orus kit (besides the price) was it seemed over engineered . im using ord's kit with oru's crossover steering knuckle. look on my profile page im about finished with my sas .