Biggest Front Sway Bar Available for 98 K2500 Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Heard back from Hellwig, it is indeed a 1-1/8" dia. bar, solid bar made from US 4140 chromoly steel. Thats as much as I got out of them. Oh yeah, and this is their largest front bar for 4wd GMT 400's. Apparently they have some info about the manufacturing process on their YT channel if anyone is interested.

Let me know if anyone knows of a larger front bar. I'd like to this camper under better control.

Same here. Did you do their rear bar already?

The bar on my k3500 is 1-3/16".

Is that from the rust fluffing it up?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, just measured my 00 K3500 SRW CCLB.

1.189"...something else. That's basically 1 3/16" BTW... Zero rust with all my oil leaks, LOL

I wonder if better stability can be obtained on these truck by adding a crossmember near the rear mount of the control arms? It was added on the later trucks. Don't thing a larger diameter sway bar would do anything personally.

I'm kinda new to these GMT 400 trucks and when I was looking at my K3500 I thought someone had removed that crossmember. Had to look at the Haynes manual then realized they didn't come with it!?

I think on mine it would interfer with the oil filter though

Last edited:

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same here. Did you do their rear bar already?

Not yet but are considering it. I've got to address my front end first and figure while i am in there i might as well upgrade the sway bar.

Do you notice a improvement with you rear bar? Loaded? Unloaded?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not yet but are considering it. I've got to address my front end first and figure while i am in there i might as well upgrade the sway bar.

Do you notice a improvement with you rear bar? Loaded? Unloaded?

Not really. My camper is a frickin beast. I want to upgrade the upper overload upgrade. I think that will be noticeable.

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heard back from Hellwig, it is indeed a 1-1/8" dia. bar, solid bar made from US 4140 chromoly steel. Thats as much as I got out of them. Oh yeah, and this is their largest front bar for 4wd GMT 400's. Apparently they have some info about the manufacturing process on their YT channel if anyone is interested.

Let me know if anyone knows of a larger front bar. I'd like to this camper under better control.
stock is 1.1875 in
Hellwig 7575 1.125 in
Addco 528 1.250 in

addco will also make a custom front 1.50 in sway bar

i have the 7575 and it is solid,the stock sway bar is hollow,big difference in handling

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
stock is 1.1875 in
Hellwig 7575 1.125 in
Addco 528 1.250 in

addco will also make a custom front 1.50 in sway bar

i have the 7575 and it is solid,the stock sway bar is hollow,big difference in handling
Great info, thanks!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 86 K3500, single cab , long box. There is an overpass in my town. Because the highway splits the city in half. On the side I reside. I would turn rt onto the climbing left turn overpass, accelerating giving the 454, duals the beans to gear growl up and over to the other side. The body body had a noticeable lean to outside.
No way, gotta do better. It's got the big front bar. So I ordered some red Urathane sway bar mounts and end links.
Installed. Result- I can roll up to the overpass, rt turn hit gas.
I blast up the same turn 13 mph faster by before any , ANY body lean. This the same section of test road.
Installing the Urethane bushings, made a big difference.
OE bushings are soft, most people want smooth rides. Urethane is a performance material. It made my 1 1/8 front bar come alive.
In our old house 3/4 mile away from the overpass , my said one day " did you know I can hear you and the truck going over ? " Uh.. really, it's that loud huh? :3811797817_8d685371