Biggest Front Sway Bar Available for 98 K2500 Suburban?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by Powderguy, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Powderguy

Powderguy Newbie

Did alot of searching here and google and I can't find definitive information on what the biggest available front sway bar is for my truck.

A 1998 Suburban K2500 7.4l, 1 ton package so its got the cast iron lower control arms and heavier torsion bars up front, 14 bolt ff rear, 4.10 etc. I'm running a 3" body lift and 35's. I tow a few times a week and a rear sway bar would be nice I'm sure but driving in the mountains would be much nicer with more front end turning stability, I believe I have a 1 1/8th inch sway bar up front..digital calipers broke so I'm eye balling here..

What is the biggest stock sway bar that were available on these chassis that I could swap in?
    Any companies make larger aftermarket ones?
    What about swapping in a sway bar from a gmt800? suspension geometry is pretty close between these trucks..

Any info on the subject is appreciated, I'm a welder and powder coater by trade so I'm open to modification suggestions

Thanks!

2. Supercharged111

Supercharged111 I'm Awesome

Hellwig makes a rear bar. Standing by on the front.

3. L31MaxExpress

L31MaxExpress I'm Awesome

I have the Hellwig rear bar on my Express. Made a hell of a difference even with a weight distributing hitch that has a very good rear sway control setup built in.