Best way to roll fenders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I did my '98's with a bodyman's pick hammer & a dolly. Started with bending small amounts from the center of the lip out to the ends. Both the front fenders on that truck are gonna be replaced, so I wasn't too worried about messing them up. Worked out better than I figured it would. No damage to the paint or the fender. Can't tell that they've been done until you reach in there & feel. It ain't pretty, but it worked. Kerfing them (small cuts) would of made things a lot easier & the finished roll would of been cleaner.
My '97 has new chrome wheel well trim. Started to bend the lips while keeping an eye on how that affected the trim. Only got so far when the trim began to pull away from the body slightly. So, I ended up grinding away some of the lip. Maybe 12" long tapered out to 3/8's of an inch at the widest just where the tire would touch. Worked out fine. Only thing is, I have to warn the inspection guys to be careful when they stick their fingers in there to check for clearance. The edges are a bit sharp.
Still have to grind the bolt ends that stick down into the wheel wells from the engine compartment. Those do touch occasionally.