Best way to roll fenders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Car Ramrod90

Reaction score
Hey guys I lowered my truck and was hoping my 255/60r15's in the front wouldn't hit my fender lip but I hit a bump big enough and saw some little cuts in my tires. I've heard of the bat method but does anyone here know a better way? I'm afraid of ruining my fenders haha

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
a heat gun and a rubber mallet are popular choices. the heat gun is to heat the paint so it doesn't crack...not to heat the metal hot enough to bend.

some speed shops / body shops have the roller and can do them.

mine need rolled too

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I heated my fronts and use a small rubber hammer you just need to take your time and make several passes. I cut 1/2" on the rears just in case. I have used the fender roller as well on my 540i Sport to fit factory M5 wheels, but the fender lips on that car were very thin and easy to roll.

Car Ramrod90

Reaction score
Thanks for the input I'll try the rubber mallet. Off topic but I love both of your guys trucks a couple of my favorites on here, I just had to say haha

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Thanks for the input I'll try the rubber mallet. Off topic but I love both of your guys trucks a couple of my favorites on here, I just had to say haha

thanks man.. be sure and check out both our build threads sometime. both our trucks used to be white! lol

i gotta catch up to Jeff and get my interior under way.

post pics of your OBS sometime man...

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
I think any good undercoating would work. As long as you cover up the bare metal ASAP you should be ok. I'd do my relief cuts, then throw some undercoat on top of the inside fender lip, then roll them, and do the same on the outside inner lip

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
mine have relief cuts front and back. also dont try make large bends at once work it slow even thes bending it up an 1/8 to 1/4 at a time just work your way back and forth.