Best speakers for stock radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unruhjonny

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the GM part number for the replacement speakers are 15173233 - it's stamped right on the speaker magnet in the quoted post.

Reaction score
Hey guys thinking about replacing my speakers as well. Has anyone thought about replacing the OEM speakers with aftermarket and just adding a power resistor to bring up the load, ie. from 4 ohm to 10 ohm.

It would seem its counter productive but you might improve the highs with the integrated tweeter.

Want to keep my stock radio w/EQ but not worry about not crapping out my system with higher power speakers.

Bloke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 6 1/2 focal separates, Kenwood 4x6 plates in the rear pillar and 2 10" punch, alpine amp for the front and back and punch amp for the subs.

I had gone the route of not using amps or subs, i would definitely bought different speakers and not gone high end. Focal cost me almost 200 and the 4x6 cost me about 80.

I would set my budget of 150 dollars for all the speakers give and take a few bucks. Reason why is your stock unit is the limiting factor. Try to keep the front at 80 and maybe the 4x6 at 50 dollars. Get with Crutchfield to get an idea on quality and price to what works for your budget. At least you can compare them side by side in performance and price. There is an aftermarket stock radio thats new that incorporates a usb port and Bluetooth connection. Looks like our stock radio but inside are all modern, not sure the price but check LMC or one of them restoration site.