Best drop in bedliner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking for a decent drop in bedliner for my 98 k1500 ive tried searching here but nothing came up! Any suggestions would be great!

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Keep searching craigslist. Took me about a year to find someone selling one that fit. Got it for $25. If you can't wait, lots of online retailers sell them new.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you have a local junkyard near you check there most of the liners are all the same quality.you should be able to get one at a yard for next to nothing.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are different styles, so here's a bit of advice from my experience. I have the so called GM factory bedliner, and it's the one that comes up and over the box rails, supposedly to protect the rails from damage. Despite the fact that the bedliner has been screwed down, it moves a bit, and has worn the paint off the rails. Looks terrible. Besides that, if you ever decide you want a canopy or a topper, you cannot clamp the canopy down without either removing the bedliner, or cutting holes for the clamps.

in my last truck, I had a rubber bed mat, approx one inch thick. Nice and heavy for winter weight, and did a great job of protecting the bed floor, but not so good for the side walls.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've read not so great things about the diy spray in bedliner i have a duraliner currently in the truck now but doesnt sit flush on the bed rails ive been thinking about removing it

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I wish I had a phone so I could go take a picture of what twenty year's of a drop in bed liner sliding back and forth inside my bed have done to it.

I have a stepside bed that is completely ruined from the inside out due to a drop in liner.

You can clamp your camper over a spray in liner, or simply don't spray it all the way up.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
My liner does not slide. You guys must have had the wrong size or something. They are not supposed to slide around.