Best drop in bedliner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Mines one of those factory GM POS's. Box paint's not as bad as some I've seen, but the scuffage still ain't gonna buff out.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Mines one of those factory GM POS's. Box paint's not as bad as some I've seen, but the scuffage still ain't gonna buff out.

Mine was also, at least it had a GM logo embossed into the front wall of it. It's a regular tragedy, the underside of my bed floor is in great shape, I could scuff and spray it today and drive another twenty years. The inside of the bed however, from the bedliner, that was screwed down through the rails and toolbox that was in it, is completely rotted out.

My bed is scrap, the first time I take it off, it's going to fold up, and all because of that POS drop in bedliner wiggling around in it.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Now I'm afraid to take mine out, in case it's ruined the bed of my truck. It's the GM one that goes over the rails.

That's what mine was lol. I lifted it up before I bought the truck and knew it was poo, I was just going to leave it in there until I traded it in. Then a storm came and blew the stupid thing out lmao.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The best one? The under-rail one sitting in my side yard for free.

Have any pictures just would like to purchase something better so i can attach straps the drop in bedliner i have no doesnt have anything except for thr hooks on the corner of the bed id have to take pictures of how the liner looks

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Have any pictures just would like to purchase something better so i can attach straps the drop in bedliner i have no doesnt have anything except for thr hooks on the corner of the bed id have to take pictures of how the liner looks

Ha! That one went away a couple of days ago!
My '97 has one, but it's pouring rain right now. Next bit of a break in the weather & I'll get some pix. More 'n likely that won't be till tomorrow. Maybe! Hopefully! Never know with these typical springtime monsoons!

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't wait to get the GM factory (I think) bedliner out of my truck. For one, I want to see the condition of the topside of the bed; and for two, I have the one that goes over the rails, and it's wrecking the paint there. And, besides all that, I would not mind having a canopy that I can put on for camping trips and such, and the bedliner I have now is in the way.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the duplicolor bed armour in my 98. Prep is key getting the diy stuff to stick. I sanded my bed down with 80 grit before applying it. Its been done for about 3 years now. Hasn't peeled up at all.
It has slightly faded, but not bad.
You must be registered for see images attach

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I finally got a day of good weather, so I grabbed my trusty Phillips screwdriver and removed the 8 screws that hold the factory bedliner in place. There is a very interesting plastic and metal "nut" that clamps under the box rail. I have no idea how these were installed when new.

But, I was really, really happy with the condition of the bed and box sides of my truck. The paint is really good, and there is absolutely no rust at all. There is minor scuffing on the raised ridges of the bed floor, and that is all.

I have clamped a fiberglass topper on the bed for now, but I'm planning on modifying the original bedliner, by cutting it off just below the box rails, and screwing it back in place. It seems a shame to let the box floor get banged up now.

Not trying to make anybody jealous with this post, I think it is just that our climate here, although wet, is comparatively salt and sand free in the winter, and I guess the original owner garaged the truck for the first 15 years of its life.

Just lucky.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If your condition of the box is as good as you say it is, I'd be more inclined to install a bed-mat. instead of that boxliner.
Nothing stays in one place on that plastic. Anything loaded onto those things acts like it's on an ice-rink!
But with a bed-mat, any load with even the smallest amount of weight to it stays where it's put.
If you can't find one at the wreckers, here's a tip. Most equine/farm supply outlets sell mats for horse stalls. It's perfect for box mats! You'll have to cut it to shape, & that can be a bit of a PitA. If you want to go this route, make the mat in two pieces as the original style that was offered for these trucks. Stuff is pretty heavy & the 2 piece design just makes it easier to handle, or to get it in & out of the truck for cleaning.